I volunteered to put together the blocks that the Indianapolis Modern Quilt Guild members created into a quilt top for a charity quilt benefiting breast cancer research. Here’s the story in pictures (well, mostly in pictures):
Here are the blocks:Yes, my friends: 11 blocks. So cute, but 11? So I started working my way through the box of scraps that came along with the blocks:Some of the blocks got more borders to even out the sizes and everyone got some sort of gray border:Then the sashing. Not enough of any one color, but with all the motion already in the blocks, solid colors would look modern. Three shades of gray (2 colors from my stash) and a pale pink made a suitable sash:Adding a few pieced items in the border keeps the vibe interesting:The final layout: column of 4 blocks, column of 3 larger blocks, column of 4 blocks (I made a spare block just in case, but it just wasn’t needed):(Those are DH’s cute toesies at the bottom.)
I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out – I’m looking forward to seeing it quilted! It’s being sent to a long-arm quilter to finish up!
I hope it raises lots of money for the organization. Well done, Indianapolis Modern Quilt Guild!
All the best -