(Courtesy of Camp Tecumseh, Brookville, IN)
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick oats or regular oats, but NOT instant)
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Toppings: maple syrup, brown sugar, milk, raisins
- Preheat oven to 3500F. Grease or oil a 9” x 9” baking dish
- Mix all ingredients (except for toppings) together. Batter will be very thick – if it is too stiff after mixing for a bit, add a little more milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Oatmeal will have a cake like texture and may be a little golden around the edges.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. Serves 4-6.
Put a serving into a small bowl with a splash of milk. Then add more milk and toppings.