(adapted from All Recipes)
- 4 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken when I’m in a rush)
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 ½ c. sour cream
- 1 8oz package Mexican cheese
- Flour tortillas – 8- 10 large
- Enchilada sauce – canned or see “Easy Enchilada Sauce” recipe
- Toppings: cheese, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, corn salsa
- Heat oven to 3750F.
- Lightly grease 13” x 9” glass casserole. Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom of casserole.
- Mix green chilis with 1 cup of the sour cream. Layer about ¼ c. chicken, 2 generous tablespoons of sour cream mixture and 1/8 c. cheese in the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in casserole. Repeat with remaining tortillas until casserole dish is filled.
- After the casserole is filled, top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes until heated through. Spread remaining cheese on top and bake uncovered 5 minutes until melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling along the edges.
This is our favorite, easy meal for cold nights. My sons always request it when they’re home.